Carina Kinney, Teacher Librarian
Rebecca Jorgensen, Assistant Librarian
7:15-3:15 Daily (M-F)
The Dart Library exists to promote literacy through differentiated, recreational reading opportunities; collaborate with teachers and support their curriculum needs; provide students with equal access to resources; and instruct students in technology and research.
Remember to go online and cast your vote for this year's top YA novels at:
Beehive Book Awards 2019
- Library Information
- Research Resources
- Reading Resources
- Digital Yearbooks
- Books can be checked out for up to FOUR weeks (with an additional three day grace period).
- There is a FIVE book limit per student.
- You may NOT check out books if you have a fine.
- Books may be renewed once online from anywhere--you cannot renew a book if it is on hold for another patron, if it is currently overdue, or if you have a fine.
FINES AND LOST BOOKS
- FINE of $.25 per day, per item
- All fines can be paid for in the main office or online, but please check with the media center to clarify the amount BEFORE you pay.
- Fines for damages will depend on the nature of the damage and the possible need to replace the item.
- If the book is 60+ days late, you will be charged the full price of the book, plus a $2 processing fee.
Davis Dart Library is open from 7:15 am - 3:15 pm for the following activities:
Before School: open library
Late Start: open study hall
Class Time: class reservations and student access with pass from teacher
Tutorial: student computer lab and study hall with pass (yellow papers only--occupancy is limited
Lunch: open library
After School: open library
The Library Media DESK focuses and prioritizes the reading and information literacy skills that students need to know and be able to use to help them read and research effectively in all subjects and with a variety of technologies.
DAVIS HIGH IS KICKING IT INTO OVERDRIVE!
In an effort to make our library available 24/7, we are working hard to bring you more options when it comes to your listening and reading choices. New titles are being added monthly.
You can download either the OverDrive or SORA app to your desktop, laptop, tablet, and/or phone and start reading today!
Overdrive Digital Library Catalog
Student login: Student username and pin #
Teacher login: Encore username and password
Under Construction for OverDrive
We are in the process of overhauling a section of the library to include instructions for downloading and using OverDrive/Sora. It will include a display of new and current titles available in both ebooks/audiobooks. We are hoping to include a few charging stations for your devices so you never have to worry about "losing your place" during your OverDrive experience.
If you would like to request a book, ebook, or audio book, here's where you do it!